The Schuyler County Historical Society was organized in 1960 to preserve, interpret, and share the history of Schuyler County New York. Today the Society operates the Brick Tavern Museum and the one-room Lee School in Montour Falls, and the one-room Wedgwood School in the town of Dix. The Brick Tavern Museum, built in 1828, is the oldest brick structure in Schuyler County. It was erected as a tavern on the stagecoach route and has also been a Select School for Boys, a boarding house and a home to Dr. Charles D. Clawson, who ran Bethesda Sanitarium nearby. After Dr. Clawson's death it continued as a family home until his grandson, the late Charles Lattin, sold it to the Society in 1974. Today it houses artifacts from Schuyler's past and a research library for genealogical and historical research.
The Lee School was part of the Odessa-Montour School District. It was acquired by the Society in 1960. It is a 1884 wooden one-room school, furnished as it was in the early 20th Century. The Lee School is located on NYS Rt 14, just south of the Village of Montour Falls. It is open by appointment only.There is a l ''rural life'' museum highlighting Schuyler's agricultural background. The Wickham Rural Life Center is located on the grounds of the Brick Tavern Museum and open the same hours.